There’s no better cause than the coming of a new decade for a bucket list refresh!
Whether your goal is to become more grounded, embrace sustainable living, or explore the road less travelled, our Dreams for the Decade are here to inspire your bucket list for 2020 and beyond.
The first place to go for a life reset? You. Before getting swept up in the thrill of planning new adventures, a fresh mindset will ensure you’re ready to capture every moment.
1. Read for half an hour before sleeping each night
2. Try a sport that you've never tried before
3. Self-reflect for 20-30 minutes, once per week
4. Set a daily time limit for social media
5. Conquer one of your fears
Kicking Career Goals
It’s been said that success is the result of “small efforts repeated day in, day out” (Robert Collier). Don’t underestimate the power of a healthy routine and an inspiring workplace in keeping you on track with your ambitions.
1. Commit to an organised file system
2. Say yes to all work invites
3. Recognise when you need time out
4. Learn a new skill through an online course
5. Take a job where you have to travel
Travel Lust Lists
Whether you’re dreaming of jet setting to mystical destinations or seeking the simpler moments closer to home, a little adventure is a necessary component in new decade planning! Get a group together or travel solo and embrace the spirit of spontaneity.
1. Travel to a new country or place alone
2. Train hop around your own town to places you’ve never explored
3. Visit an Ancient Wonder of the World
4. Road trip aimlessly from your hometown for a weekend and see where adventure leads you
5. Sleep under the stars one night at your favourite lookout
When it comes to eco-friendly living, every little effort counts. Rethinking your routine habits and replacing them with sustainable alternatives can save money and time, along with the environment.
1. Use a “rent a dress” app for all formal occasions
2. Eliminate all single-use plastic for a month and see how creative you can get!
3. Wrap all your presents in newspaper or recycled paper
4. Support local farmers market
5. Take shorter showers
Giving back doesn’t have to mean founding a charity or becoming president of your local sports club. Little displays of compassion are much easier to fit into your day-to-day and don’t go unnoticed!
1. Put together a care package for a sick or stressed-out friend
2. Pay for the person behind you at a drive-thru
3. Sponsor a child or adopt a rescue animal
4. Donate old books to a library or primary school
5. Ask for donations to a charity of choice over gifts on your birthday
A new decade calls for a new set of magical moments. Taking on something a little out of the ordinary, whether from your garden or the other side of the globe, will ensure your 2020 comes with unique and unforgettable memories.
1. Sign up to a random class in your town
2. Wake up to see the sunrise every day for a week
3. Set a Guinness world record
4. Have an uplifting conversation with a stranger
5. Discover your ancestral past
You don’t need to be an artist to embed creativity into your daily routine. Turn simple tasks into creative outlets and foster new talents when you embrace an imaginative attitude to life.
1. Make your own birthday cards for the year
2. Learn to play one full song on a new instrument
3. Bake an elaborate dessert
4. Be the designated photographer on a group trip
5. Paint a piece of art for your home
Feeling inspired? Write your own Dreams for the Decade with our My Bucketlist journal.